What’s New in This Update
Welcome to FoCal 2.11 Beta 1. This release contains a lot of internal improvements and fixes. There are several new features under development which will be released shortly and much of the underlying work has been completed. We have also added beta support for the Nikon Z50 and would welcome any feedback on using FoCal with this camera.
There are also updates to the lens recognition and integration with FoCal IQ.
|FoCal – Windows & Mac||184.108.40.20670||Beta||16th Dec 2019|
- BETA Nikon Z50 support
- Fixes for 1D X and 1Ds Mark III cameras
- Basic integration with FoCal IQ website.
- Camera and Lens Database Updates
- Testing against latest Canon firmware updates on lots of cameras.
- Lots of internal improvements
- The Nikon Z50 support has been implemented from the Nikon documentation and not tested against a camera yet. We have made assumptions about its similarity with the Z6/Z7 and updated where necessary. We’d love to hear back from you if you use this camera with FoCal.
- There is still no Raw support for Canon EOS 90D or EOS R at present. This is one of the internal features we are working on and hope to have this functionality release very shortly.
The blog post for this release is available here.
Previous Release Notes
This is a non-exhaustive list of items fixed/changed since FoCal 2.10
Click here to show the changelog
- Improved initial shot information gathering for Nikon Z cameras
- Fixed AF Microadjustment display for cameras that don’t support AFMA
- Fixed crash in charting when data missing
- Internal support for non-AFMA cameras (e.g. EOS R, EOS 1300 etc)
- Lots of charting improvements (from FoCal IQ development)
- Fixes and improvements in lens name resolving/recognition
- Fix to 1D X operation
- Better honouring of “Don’t Check AFMA” setting – allows running of calibration on D300/D300s which have a firmware bug which misreports AF Fine Tune in image metadata.
- Updated internal Lens Database to version 75