- Explain the way we use information that you share with us in order to build a great product and for you to have a great experience using it.
- Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission and what we do - and do not do - with it.
Broadly speaking, there are two categories of information we collect: 1) information that we must have in order for you to use Reikan FoCal; and 2) information that we can use to provide additional features and improved experiences if you choose to share that information.
The first category includes:
- Registration information, including your name, email address and camera serial numbers in order to appropriately license our product to you.
- Some software version information - the version of your operating system and the version of FoCal being used.
- A System ID which is used to license certain features.
The second category includes information that enables us to offer you additional features. We do not store or process any of this information unless you have given us permission. These include:
- Numerical test result information associated with your camera serial number. Note that we do NOT collect any images, just the numerical results. You can choose to anonymise your serial number to still provide us with the results, but we won’t then be able to offer the ability to review your results online in future.
We hope this helps to understand our privacy commitments to you.
The information we collect
We may collect and store the following information:
When you sign up to use Reikan FoCal, we may ask you for information such as your name, username, password, email address and camera serial numbers.
Usage, log data & cookies
When you use Reikan FoCal, we may use a variety of technologies that collect information which may include:
- Information about your subscription, include counting camera serial number updates and email address updates
- Numerical results (no images) of tests that you run. This information will be anonymised if you select the option in the software.
- Technical data which may include your software version number, you operating system version and an identifier for your computer to allow us to license certain features.
We use a third party provider to handle all payment information and as such we do not store any information that you use for payment other than your name and email address.
How we use the information we collect
The information we collect is used:
- To combat software piracy by licensing your individual camera products.
- To generate anonymous, aggregated comparison data which we can return back to you in order to allow comparison of your equipment with the typical equipment operation.
- To communicate with you for service related purposes via email.
- To process your payment or detect fraud
We are committed to protecting our Users' information. You password protects your account so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser and log out after you have used the FoCal License Management System. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure and we do not guarantee security of user information.
Protection of Your Information
In order to help keep your media secure, we use publicly trusted TLS certificates for end-to-end encrypted connections among all of our servers, Services, and client applications. We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and organizational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. For example, password information is stored on our servers and is protected using hashing and encryption technologies.
Accessing and updating user information
You have the right to object at any time on grounds arising from your particular situation to the processing of personal data concerning you on the basis of Article 6(1)(e) GDPR and Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data violates legal requirements, you have the right of appeal to a data protection supervisory authority responsible for us.
We will delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes we described earlier. We may retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies, and prevent the recurrence of fraud or other illegal or improper activity.
You may have your account deleted at any time you request (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). We will delete your information without unreasonable delay after receiving the request except that we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law. Deletion of your account information will mean we are unable to continue offering any service to you that requires account information (e.g. Reikan FoCal).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
There's more detailed information about cookies available here if you're interested.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.