What’s New in This Update
Welcome to FoCal 2.10 which builds upon the improvements of version 2.9 to bring new functionality, including support for the Canon EOS 90D and EOS R cameras and automatic online lens identification updates.
|FoCal – Windows & Mac||18.104.22.16826||Stable||10 Oct 2019|
- Canon EOS 90D Support
- Canon EOS R Support (no autofocus calibration)
- Online Camera and Lens Database Updates
- macOS Catalina Support
- No Raw support for Canon EOS 90D or EOS R at present
The blog post for this release is available here.
Previous Release Notes
This is a non-exhaustive list of items fixed/changed since FoCal 2.9 MR1
Click here to show the changelog
- Improvements to internal mathematical functions
- Enhancement of camera definition information
- User Interface text corrections
- Improvements to Comparison Database generation and operation in FoCal
- Improvements to chart drawing
- Big improvements in Lens Name recognition, and lots of updates
- Improvements to handling connection of unrecognised cameras
- Canon EOS-90D support
- Canon EOS-R support
- Metadata processing improvements for stability and accuracy
- Several internal improvements to Canon camera handling to improve reliability
- Improvements to handling of a camera being removed or powered down unexpectedly
- Fixed an issue causing Aperture Sharpness Target Setup to take some time to open
- Improvements to Phase Detect autofocus operation speed on many cameras
- Addition of Red-Blue Ratio charts to tests and reports. This data is accessible for history data too.
- Automatic update of camera and lens databases when available.
- Improvements to internal text tables
- Fixed TS "Camera Settings" warning about AFMA being disabled on cameras which don't support AFMA
- Fix to detection of some camera capabilities (specifically around phase-detect autofocus on mirrorless cameras)
- Windows: reject closing of windows from taskbar if they should be closed
- Fix in Canon code to select Raw over C-Raw where available
- Fixed issues related to Dual Pixel raw processing.
- 5Dmk4 Raw operation (non Dual Pixel) will now be approximately twice as fast.
- Improvement to report saving logic – now user is asked if report hasn’t been saved before running a new test (and fixed to ask for each test run, rather than just first)
- Fixed an issue loading EOS-M5 files in File Mode.
- Fixed issues relating to macOS Catalina
- Improved guidance around Aperture Sharpness test initial good focus.
- Clearer explanation in Target Setup around stabilisation being enabled
- Fixes to chart drawing in Aperture Sharpness Target Setup
- Fixed chart scaling – click Y axis numbers to change between default and fit-to-data.
- Added calibration result marker for all appropriate charts in Calibration charts.
- Better handling of metadata for Canon cameras
- Disabled ability to select Raw for 90D and EOS R
- Fixed analysis failure information text
- Fixed an issue where Silent Photography enabled on Nikon cameras could results in errors
- Updated internal Lens Database to version 48