What’s New in This Update
Welcome to FoCal 2.11 Beta 2. This release builds on FoCal 2.11 Beta 1, with a particular focus on Mac based camera communication reliability improvements. We’ve also fixed a number of issues in FoCal 2.11 Beta 1.
There are also updates to the lens recognition and integration with FoCal IQ.
|FoCal – Windows & Mac||188.8.131.5220||Beta||27th Jan 2020|
2.11 Beta 2:
- Significant rework of Mac based camera communications to improve reliability and fix issues with older operating systems (OS X El Capitan (10.11) onwards).
- Correct handling of privacy permissions on macOS Catalina, including detection of permissions, better requests for access and better help and support to fix permission related issues.
- Fixes for Nikon Z50 support (note that this is still BETA support)
2.11 Beta 1:
- Fixes for 1D X and 1Ds Mark III cameras
- Basic integration with FoCal IQ website.
- Camera and Lens Database Updates
- Testing against latest Canon firmware updates on lots of cameras.
- Lots of internal improvements
- FoCal will now no longer support versions of Mac OS X prior to El Capitan (10.11). The official position for the last year has been that FoCal requires El Capitan or later to work, but although we do not test on earlier versions it may have still worked. As of this update, due to the use of newer operating system functions you will no longer be able to run FoCal on versions of OS X prior to El Capitan.
- The Nikon Z50 support has been implemented from the Nikon documentation and not tested against a camera yet. We have made assumptions about its similarity with the Z6/Z7 and updated where necessary. We’d love to hear back from you if you use this camera with FoCal.
- There is still no Raw support for Canon EOS 90D or EOS R at present. This is one of the internal features we are working on and hope to have this functionality release very shortly.
The blog post for this release is available here.
Previous Release Notes
This is a non-exhaustive list of items fixed/changed since FoCal 2.10
Click here to show the changelog