What’s New in This Update
Welcome to FoCal 2021 MR2 – the second Maintenance Release of FoCal 2021. This release includes important fixes and we recommend that all users of FoCal 2021 upgrade to this release.
|FoCal – Windows & Mac||126.96.36.19910||Stable||10th February 2021|
- Fixed an issue which could cause a camera to not connect, raising an error referring to “Type Initializer”. This typically happened when you tried to re-connect a camera which has settings that were unrestored.
- Fixed an issue where some cameras would fail to connect if you had a lens-cap on or the camera was unable to focus on anything.
- Fixed an issue where a camera may fail to be recognised by FoCal on a new macOS install, or when it was connected to the computer for the first time.
- Improved explanation for some error messages
- Fix to an issue which stopped Target Setup starting after changing a camera.
- Processing of User Metadata file (meta.json) in file mode does not work on Mac. This is an advanced feature and will be reworked for the next major release.
Windows Prerequisites / Installer Problems
The blog post for this release is available at: FoCal 2021 MR2
Previous Release Notes
FoCal 2021 MR2 Beta 2 brings the following changes since FoCal 2021 MR1 release:
- Fixed “Type Initializer” connection error
- Fixed failure to connect if lens cap/failed to focus situation occurred
- Fixed detection of cameras on new macOS installation
- Improve explanation for some error messages
- Fix to allow Target Setup to start after a camera has been changed