What’s New in This Update
Welcome to FoCal 3.8. This release adds support for the Nikon Z fc and Z 30 cameras, as well as updates to the Snapshots tool, a new Side-by-side view for crops and other fixes.
|FoCal – Windows & Mac
|9th Feb 2023
- Nikon Z fc and Z 30 camera support
- Snapshot tool updates
- User interface improvements, including new side-by-side crop view
- Miscellaneous updates
Note that Raw is not yet supported on the Z9 due to Nikon introducing a new raw compression format. We hope to have this available in a future release of FoCal.
Windows Installer issue on older versions of Windows
If you are installing on a version of Windows up to Windows 10 September 2018 version, you may encounter an issue where the installer fails to complete.
This is due to internal certificates within Windows having expired – the solution is to run Windows Update on your computer and install all necessary updates. Reboot the machine and the installer should then complete successfully.
Detailed Release Information
The information for this release on the FoCal website is available at: FoCal 3.8
- The previous Stable release is: FoCal 3.7
FoCal 3.8 brings the following changes from since FoCal 3.7
- Option to show crops side-by-side
- Clear Snapshot data on exit from tool
- Enable controls while Live View active to correct centre focus point not centred (Canon)
- Show un-zoomed Live View image on camera for centre focus point not being centred (Canon)
- Implemented Raw operation on Z fc and Z 30
- Removed Snapshot menu and button from FoCal Plus
- Improved look of Cards on the FoCal Home, Camera and File pages.
- Allow Enter/Return key to dismiss the “Controls Enabled” message
- Warn if AF Microadjustment/Fine Tune is *disabled* on camera - it wasn’t clear if this was the case
- Removed unnecessary warnings from AF Adjustment user messages
- Warning and information messages look updated
- Improved clarity of text in Aperture Sharpness Target Setup tool
- Added Nikon Z fc and Z 30 support, including Snapshots.
- Fixed an issue which could affect Live View starting on the Nikon Z6ii and Z7ii.
- Fixed delay on camera detection on Windows when external storage devices are connected.
- Fixed a bug which removed the background when an info/warning message was shown.
- Fix to better handle corrupt Snapshot database file
- Fixes and improvements to Snapshot Decoders for all cameras.
- Updates to internal Camera Database
- Fix to scaling on Dust Analysis charts