What’s New in This Update
Welcome to FoCal 3.8 Maintenance Release 1 (MR1). This release brings updates to the Snapshots tool, usability improvements to tests and quite a few bug fixes.
|FoCal – Windows & Mac||18.104.22.16816||Stable||4th Apr 2023|
- Snapshot tool updates
- Usability Improvements
- Bug fixes
Note that Raw is not yet supported on the Z9 due to Nikon introducing a new raw compression format. We hope to have this available in a future release of FoCal.
Windows Installer issue on older versions of Windows
If you are installing on a version of Windows up to Windows 10 September 2018 version, you may encounter an issue where the installer fails to complete.
This is due to internal certificates within Windows having expired – the solution is to run Windows Update on your computer and install all necessary updates. Reboot the machine and the installer should then complete successfully.
Detailed Release Information
The information for this release on the FoCal website is available at: FoCal 3.8 MR1
- The previous Stable release is: FoCal 3.8
FoCal 3.8 MR1 brings the following changes from since FoCal 3.8
- Stopped erroneous “not AF-S” message shown during MultiTest
- Fix to resolve occasional incorrect focus mode in MultiTest
- Fix to MultiTest to properly acknowledge AF Fine-tune change
- Improved message about non-centred zoom rectangle (Canon)
- Fix issue where missing EV on MF lenses stopped report being generated
- Fixed an issue where some Sony files appeared to come from different lenses
- Many fixes to Snapshot settings decoders
- Changed organisation of Snapshot groups to match camera menus
- Fixed issue detecting changes after an undoing in Snapshots
- Fixed description when no lens attached (Nikon/Z)
- Tidied display of longer filenames in messages
- Updated the Lens Database
- Improvements to Windows installer